Friday, April 20, 2018

Until the demons are done

That day,
the sun must have frozen for a while
when they descended
upon the meadow,
filled with deceit,
and caught an eight year old
in the middle of her laughter.

The torn shroud,
with little left to doubt,
will it ever forgive us -
our complicity in the crime?
What have we become?

The jagged horizon
stares without a blink.
Why does it not speak,
stand witness
seek justice?
Was it not awake then?

A solitary cloud
hangs over the meadow.
Is it searching for the horses
she left behind that day.

A solitary cloud…?
Resurrection?
Give me some hope.
Give me a sign
you are there
to hear
if I apologize.

I wish to apologize
for not doing enough
to prevent the demons
from growing amongst.

I should have known better.
They eat little girls.
Their hate-filled souls
stalk in lonely meadows
and the temples of their gods.

Give me some hope.
Promise, you will come
again across that meadow
and take the horses home
when the demons are done.

I promise in return
I will leave no stones unturned
until the demons are done!

Together, we shall overcome!

Parvez
April 20, 2018

https://www.facebook.com/madhu.siraj/videos/10155492809848316/


(All material on this blog is copyrighted! Sharing of complete articles or their links, without editing, and with due credit, is allowed for non-commercial purposes only. For publication or any other use, please contact the author.)

No comments: